Zone Revamp - Splitpaw

General EverQuest discussion area.

Moderator: Admin Crew

Zone Revamp - Splitpaw

Postby Naladini » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:41 am

Zone Revamps - Splitpaw (Legends)
-----------------------

Farsoth Mal, son of the Ishva Mal, leader of the Verishe Mal tribe, sat by his father’s side watching him rule his minions in Splitpaw Lair. His father may have conquered this lair some years ago, but Farsoth believed they should rule far more than just one underground kingdom. He grew to despise his father for his lack of ambition and many hours were spent in bitter arguments between the two. The Ishva Mal grew tired and angry at the ceaseless challenges to his authority, gaining as much contempt for his son as his son had for him.

During a particularly heated argument of growls and grisly barks, the Ishva Mal reminded his willful son that his power was absolute and that he shared his throne with no one. With one quick motion, the Ishva Mal brandished his spear and sliced off his son's paw, determined that he would finally win the respect he deserved from his son. But the Ishva Mal's cruel methods would prove to be his downfall.

The Ishva Mal grew to be a greater tyrant each day, so much so that the Verishe Mal mages and warriors secretly formed the Council of Nine to challenge his rule. Farsoth saw the plans the Verishe Mal had in store for his father, but did nothing to stop them and instead chose to use them to his advantage.

Farsoth learned much from the council's mages and became obsessed with the summoning arts they practiced. His fascination eventually led to a plan that would secure the throne . . . for him.

Through all he'd learned from the Verishe Mal mages, he believed he could summon a powerful entity from the Plane of Fire itself. Farsoth thought with such power at his side, nothing could stop him from ruling the Splitpaw Lair and any lands he desired.

He prepared for weeks, researching and gathering the reagents he required and finally he set to work to summon a terrible beast to bring an end to his father's rule.

Farsoth was distracted by his own anger, forgetting vital components as he wove the spell and the unthinkable happened. Flames shot out of the portal that Farsoth opened and, at the same time, rocks rained down upon the inhabitants of the lair. Then, the portal shifted its focus and water flooded into the corridors, extinguishing the flames and washing away the rocks. The portal shimmered once more and waves of all types of elementals poured into Splitpaw.

Farsoth certainly attained part of his goal. His father was killed, but so to were most of the gnolls he wished to lead to greatness.

Now he is a prisoner to the swarms of enraged elementals that have made Splitpaw Lair their new home.
Naladini
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Naladini » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:42 am

I created these posts to help collect useful information on the new zones. If you happen into Splitpaw, please post your feedback here, including level of mobs, spacing, single pulling, and general feedback on the "flavor" of the new zone.

Naladini the Wanderer
Magician of Stormhammer

Fan Faire Fun: 2010 - 2007 - 2006 - 2005

Naladini
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dkudo » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:03 am

The map for paw is basically the same. Where gnolls once spawned/roamed are now replaced with elementals. Snakes in the water are replace by Water mephits. The zone looks to be a 68+ zone. Took some ss of 3 names in zone.
Attachments
Scorch.JPG
(80.67 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
Overlord Flargor.JPG
(69.81 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
Rockbeast Kloorg.JPG
(60.21 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
dkudo
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Naladini » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:21 pm

Thanks for the screenshots, those are nice looking models.

I'm going to try popping into the zone sometime tonight, and should put the 68+ theory to a pretty quick test. ;)
Naladini the Wanderer
Magician of Stormhammer

Naladini
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Iegluan » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:34 pm

Nala going to die =)
Iegluan Arethousan
[url=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=294463:39d7q1td]Evil Druid[/url:39d7q1td]
Iegluan
Not Quite Legendary
Not Quite Legendary

Postby Naladini » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:17 pm

Lol, no, I'm pretty careful, but I definitely know when I'm outmatched. After greeting the NPC near the zone-in, here is what I met with as the first mob:

[img:27mmp18r]http://www.stormhammer.org/images/nala_pics/paw_1stmob.jpg[/img:27mmp18r]

So just for fun, I cast my level 59 anti-summoned nuke, it did 827 damage to knock the red-con earth elemental down to 97% health and got the heck out of dodge.
Naladini the Wanderer
Magician of Stormhammer

Naladini
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shmoozo » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:50 pm

Out of curiousity, does anybody know if any of the old content from inside Paw been moved out into South Karana (or anywhere else) now or is it just vanished and gone at this point?

:?
Shmoozo
New Poster
New Poster

Postby dkudo » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:22 am

hmm couldnt edit, dunno about the quest names/npc but i would think that they would spawn outside. When CT was revamped the kicked the mobs that dropped quest items outside.

Just wanted to add at lvl 70 the Names were red (con) . There's also a a name gnoll in the jail area starts with a R reth.. something. He's kos, might be for some quest /shrug. That name ask for four items one from each element type, some globe or something i forget =/
dkudo
New Poster
New Poster

oops

Postby dkudo » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:05 pm

bah, meant that NPC at zl ask for the four items, sry.
dkudo
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Torrast » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:28 pm

No, the mobs weren't moved outside, same with Mistmoore, so there are plenty of broken quests now, particularly some epic quests for those that wish to start the old ones.
Torrast
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Flacked Member » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:03 pm

The NPC by the zone in wants four spheres, one from each of the elemental types in the zone. I found a watery globe item. It dropped from a water elemental. It is droppable and stackable so I am not sure if this is what the NPC wants.

Caution to those exploring this zone with a group or two. When you go through the first door, your next pull will end getting a train of 20 or so mobs.
Flacked Member
Wanna Be Legendary
Wanna Be Legendary

Return to General